Reasons For When Hysterectomy Is Advised - There are many reasons a for which a woman may need a hysterectomy. Gynaecologist may advise hysterectomy is following condtions:
1. Cancer of the uterus, cervix or the ovary
2. Childbirth complications, such as uncontrolled bleeding
3. Long-term (chronic) pelvic pain
4. Severe endometriosis that does not get better with other treatments
5. Severe, long-term vaginal bleeding that is not controlled with other treatments
6. Slipping of the uterus into the vagina (uterine prolapse)
7. Large Fibroids, which cause heavy, painful periods
A Gynaecologist may use different approaches for hysterectomy, depending upon the reason for the hysterectomy and woman's overall health.
Abdominal hysterectomy - This is done through the lower part of your belly.
Vaginal hysterectomy - . This is done through the vagina.
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH) - surgical procedure is done using a laparoscope to guide the removal of the uterus and/or Fallopian tubes and ovaries through the vagina (birth canal). Dr Meenakshi Goyal is one of the few gynaecologists in the city who has extensive training in Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH).
The period of stay for total laparoscopic hysterectomy is same as that of any other laparoscopic surgery. Complete recovery after the surgery takes almost 5-6 weeks but during this period you can do your daily works except lifting heavy objects or physical training.